Sunday 10 November 2013

OUGD504 - Design for Print - Graphics research

Design for Print - Graphics research

Because I want the pass the parcel to be posh, I need to look into more luxury graphics. But I want it to be playful and fun at the same time, 'Posh pass the parcel' is an oxymoron in itself!

The style I'm going for is Victoriana/ Art Deco - anything that shimmers!



The strong typography will provide a good juxtaposition to the funny nature of my product.



I really like the idea of using bold, important lettering to display something silly as it will be humorous and fun.




I would like to use a pattern on the inside of my boxes and other coodinating graphics on the outside. this way, when the boxes are unravelled, it's clear as to which is the interior/ exterior.


This taboo/ humorous subject is portrayed in an upmarket manner.


Again, these un-obvious/ offensive words are displayed in important, classy typography in gentle shades and furniture.




The use of gold and gem colours is very art deco and classical and yet pass the parcel is a fun party game, the combination of which will be funny!



I really love the combination of foils and colours in the printed pattern of these designs.


I really like the oxymoron in this product, it's a lot like mine in that sense. 


I really like the mystical style to this invitation, it's really whimsical yet strong, and the colour scheme makes it look upmarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment