Friday 28 March 2014

OUGD505 - Studio brief 2 - Research into my audience & what concerns them / toiletries

After re-writing my brief, I have determined that my audience were 'happy campers' in their younger years, and now maybe have families, don't want the hassle of the maintenance of a campsite or are a bit more mature but still love the great outdoors. I would think that they are quite environmentally- aware and eco friendly in their nature, but are treating themselves to some luxury.

I suspect that they will probably be aged 35-60.


I have determined that the products I produce are going to be luxurious but not fussy and made from sustainably resourced materials. 


Toiletries


With the concerns of sustainability with the balance of luxury in mind, I have to find aesthetics that look good without the compromise of eco friendly materials.





This is really nice packaging for the toiletries because it is inspires by the natural elements which would be relevant for the campsite. But, however, this is not a very sustainable/ recyclable way of packaging, and the bottles would not be very useful in that they can't be squeezed for every last drop of shampoo inside? I like this idea, but it would need to be re-thought of how to make this more clever with its resources.



I really like the visual style of this brand which I think is owed to the rich colours and dainty, serif typeface adorned labels. 


This strong use of colour combined with space to 'breathe' in a stark black box is what gives this design it's high impact. I really like the use of pattern and colour and how they unite the collection as a whole. The use of metallics is also noted to give the branding a high class look.





I really like this contemporary trend of a long lid that reaches low onto the box itself.






“The greatest challenge was to develop a new product focused on mass market for the new Brazilian consumers, offering a high-quality product but affordable cost . To achieve that results, low price, highly attractive and environmentally responsible products would be necessary. More than a classic design process, an innovation by design approach was applied. The creative team participated in all areas of the process. The naming, the packaging, formulation, business model, distribution, manufacturing, etc. The result? A product of great success, reducing more than 50% the cost and 70% environmental impact then a conventional similar package. A cosmetic brand that takes the pouch as principal packaging and also discusses with consumers the paradigms of packaging and the responsible consumption.”

This kind of design would be perfect for my hotel branding toiletries because of it's low eco-impact, since hotel toiletries are produced en masse. It could also be re-fillable, and maybe all packaged in one big sturdy box as opposed to separate disposable mini boxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment